IRCA continues to advocate for fast, accessible, affordable and reliable telecommunications and ICT access for remote Indigenous communities.
IRCA’s activities in include -
- Member of the Broadband for the Bush Alliance, undertaking projects and research with Alliance stakeholders.
- Collating data on broadband and telecommunications infrastructure and access in remote Indigenous communities.
- Promoting development of a Remote Communications Infrastructure Plan for remote Australia
- Informing policy direction for remote area telecommunications.
- Keeping informed of best practice infrastructure opportunities particularly in relation to testing of WiFi mesh, mobile technologies and other technical solutions.
IRCA is a member of the Broadband for the Bush Alliance, a group of organisations that are committed to the digital inclusion of remote and rural Australia. The Alliance brings together a range of stakeholders with expertise in communications, remote service delivery, and community engagement.